Today I started my next big adventure - home ownership!
 |
| Signing 15 million papers at the closing! |
I bought a little condo! It is about 10 minutes from my parents' house, near Havana and Parker.
I'd been looking at condos, put in a few offers on places that weren't accepted, and hoping I would eventually get something.
Then one Monday morning, I was looking through listings, and saw this place had just been listed. I called my realtor right away and she got us in for a showing that afternoon. After we saw the place, we wrote up an offer and submitted that night. The next morning at 9am, she called to tell me it was accepted! This is a housing market you have to move really fast in. I feel really lucky I was able to get a good offer in before someone who could have offered more money than me.
 |
| Shall we step inside? |
It's a really cute little place. It has a garage underneath, and a nice big deck. The community is really nice, lots of trees and green space, and it's right on the Highline Canal. I can even bike to the library!
 |
| Welcome to my deck! |
I went over today to measure things, took over a few things, and think about how I want to arrange my place. I also met my nearest neighbors, who are very friendly and have two kids. This is going to be great! Moving day is Saturday, so I'll have a furnished condo in the near future! Here's a few pics of the place from today:
 |
| I'm confident that my new succulent will survive in my new kitchen. |
 |
| Washer and dryer in the unit!? Dang I'm fancy! |
 |
| Speaking of fancy, I've got a skylight in the bathroom! |
 |
| Whaaaaat!? A tiny cat door in the hall closet!? Now all I need is a cat! (soon!) |
 |
| Here's the eating area and the kitchen. Not gonna lie, it's a pretty nice kitchen for a small condo. |
 |
| This is the view from the front door into the study (on the right), and down the hall to the bathroom and bedroom. Fireplace is on the left. |
 |
| The fireplace in the living area, which the previous owner did the shiplap on herself! |
Congratulations Laura-what an exciting step!
ReplyDeleteThanks!!
DeleteIts so cute! I love the wall color and the deck!! congrats!
ReplyDeleteCute, right!? Thanks!!
Delete