From last Sunday to Friday, Scott Farver and I went to Victoria, Laguna, about 2 hours from Manila, to help facilitate a teacher's workshop with Keith Solle, another education volunteer from our batch. For four days we did various sessions with the teachers from Keith's school district. I taught some sessions on grammar games, and student-centered learning, and other fascinating topics. It was really hot, but it is summer, after all. Here are some pictures from the week. Scott is the guy on the left in the blue shirt and Keith is on the right. The teachers call him Kuya Keith which means 'big brother keith'. We have a shot of Kuya Keith doing an energizer
game with Filipina teachers who are all a foot shorter than him. There are some teachers working on grammar dominoes in my grammar games session. And then we have a picture of none other than Albert Einstein, 1905-1915, which is painted on the wall of the classroom we were teaching in. We knew he was a genius, but discovering the theory of relativity before he was 10 is truly amazing.It was a really good experience for me, because I'm not a very confident teacher trainer, and this was good practice for me. I also got a lot of good materials from Keith and Scott and we had fun.

Hey, you're at Tudlo training right now, hope that's going well. I really had fun in Victoria. Thanks for being a great teacher/teacher trainer.
ReplyDelete:-)