August 31, 2007

Floody Season




I love the rainy season. The air is cooler, the sun is blocked by the clouds, things sometimes smell nicer. But this year, the first massive rainstorm made my house flood. And every small rainstorm thereafter. It comes in from the bottom of the walls. Here are some pictures of it flooding, bit by bit. The one picture is looking out of my door at the deep water outside. When they built my house they built (or more likely, after the first rainy season, they added), a tall door frame. So the water outside doesn't come in the house. But you can see it's progression as it floods from a hole in the wall across my living room. Slowly at first, then covering most of the floor. The laundry basket was accidentaly left outside at the begining of the rainstorm (fortunately with dirty laundry in it) so It's already soaking wet. Everything else I was trying to move to the other side of the room so it wouldn't get wet.

2 comments:

  1. Laura--
    Sorry about the flooding. You are right about the yo-yo thing though..even in Manila, the day you texted me, I saw them everywhere! wowsers....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I am a RP RPCV from group 39. We stayed in Dumaguette for our in-country training before going to our assignments in Davao City. While there we experienced our first "Baguio" I met your parents at the recent Dragon Boat Festival and they gave me your blog address. Keep up the good work. arlene80233@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete