If any of you saw the 'Thriller' video on Youtube featuring the inmates of a Philippine prison, you might understand that dancing is big here. Espcially choreographed dancing. The schools recently held their physical fitness days, which, as far as I could understand, was to demonstrate that the students are all physically fit. What that means is that each grade practices a dance routine for the 2 weeks leading up to the big day, and then the whole morning is spent watching all the final routines. Some classes even hire choreographers. It was pretty fun to watch (once), but since they practice all day outside the library, I knew the routines and songs pretty well by the time the final day came around. It isn't a contest, there are no prizes, just everyone dancing. I took this video on my digital still camera, and edited it on Windows Movie Maker, the worst editing program in the world, so the quality of this video is below my usual standards. But hey, I'm in the peace corps. The first three clips are during practice days, and the last clip is during the finals. Every class had matching outfits for the final day.
No comments:
Post a Comment