Every Friday afternoon there is a farmer's market in St. Joseph, the little town between my house and my school. Also, on Wednesday afternoons there is a farmer's market in the small town my school is in, and on Saturday mornings there is one in St. Cloud. Lots of farmer's markets! I went to the one in St. Joe yesterday, and it was great.
The weather was lovely, the drive is less than 5 minutes, and the parking! So much available parking! And there weren't crowds you had to wiggle through like at the Cherry Creek and Pearl Street farmer's markets in Denver. I just walked around, looked at all the stands, and bought stuff. Also, there was a guy on a small stage singing, which I thought was great.
 |
| So much parking! It's a dream come true. |
I didn't really need anything, so I bought basil, an ear of corn, a stalk of gladiolas, a honey almond croissant from the Collegeville Artisan Bakery, and a pack of naan made that morning.
In my teacher training the last few days, I asked about the Cold Spring Bakery, which is a big deal in Cold Spring. People here have strong opinions about their baked goods, however. One guys swears by the bread from the Collegeville Artisan Bakery, so I will probably buy a loaf of something next week. Another girl says there is a bakery in St. Cloud that is even better. So many baked things to try, so little time. The farmer's markets won't last forever. Though the one in St. Cloud goes through October, apparently.
No comments:
Post a Comment