Last week, I was at the grocery store and thought it would be nice to get some flowers for the kitchen. So I asked the florist: "Do you have any cheap flowers that would look nice on the kitchen table?" Florist: "we just got these gerber daisies in, they're $7."
Me: "hmm...those look like flowers that are going to live awhile."
Florist: "Did you want flowers that were going to die?"
Me: "Well, kinda. But those are nice. Okay, I'll get those."
And I brought home some daisies in a little pot.
The next Tuesday was teacher appreciation day, and the parent group at our school put on a nice brunch, with flower centerpieces on each table. And can you believe it, I won one!
Now I had two flowers in little pots.
![]() |
| The daisies I bought, on the right, and the dahlias I won, on the left |
I also bought a pot, soil, and a trowel.
| Ready to garden! |
Then, amazingly, I potted my flowers! Turns out, I didn't need the trowel.
They look beautiful!

What a great story! Seriously, I loved the florist asking you if you wanted flowers that die. They look great.
ReplyDeleteHahaha! Glad you enjoyed it. : )
ReplyDelete