May 23, 2006

Pictures and Stories

Okay. Here are some long overdue pictures and the stories to go with them. First we have me and my host sister, Sam. Someone came up with the 'sign' for Western Visayas, look carefully, it's a WV. So I taught it to Sam, and this is us being hardcore throwing down the WV sign.

The other day, we got roped into helping do a papaya tree planting along our road. We were all very tired, because we stayed up too late the night before, but we had to go out and show the community we supported their project - so that they would support ours. Here is Erin and I in full papaya-planting glory. Pok is in the background, sticking out his tongue.


This is the Philipino trike I have mentioned before. This one only has 11 people on it, not including the driver. You can fit more if you try. There are two girls sitting behind the driver, 4 in the sidecar, 3 kids on the roof, and a couple people hanging off the far side. Don't worry, I'm not allowed on the roof or the side. But I do sit behind the driver sometimes.

Here is me after a short day of working not very hard at Alvin's farm in Mia-gao. Sleeping on a shelf in a nipa hut, while it is gently raining outside is a most wonderful experience. It's just awesome. And extremely comfortable, despite appearances.

And finally, we have the outside of my new school, Cadiz West II elementary. There are actually many building on the campus, but this is the one with the sign. I think it houses the nurses office and the guidance office.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:56 AM

    You look so happy, sleeping in the hut in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:55 AM

    Wow, what's the Ilonggo word for gangsta?

    ReplyDelete