September 21, 2009

Dia de indpendencia!


Last Tuesday was Independence day here in Honduras (and I think, the rest of Central America. They used to be one united country, and I think September 15th is independence day for all.)

We didn't have school on Monday, instead we had a parade through town with our school. I guess in years past, all the schools in town march together, but this year it was just us. The parade was uninspiring. The kids dressed nicely and marched in neat rows, and when we got to Central Park, they sang the national anthem and the principal addressed the crowd.

After this, we were free for the rest of the day, and had Tuesday off as well! Viva Honduras!!

We have a picture here of Matt and NJ, two of the teachers, in their nice clothes and floppy hats.

There is also a picture of me with one of my students, Diego. He's a little troublemaker, but so darn cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment