December 09, 2013

Craft Day for Kids!

The Peace Corps Fellows group does a number of service projects throughout the year - the food bank post from earlier in the year was my first one. This Saturday, we did another, which was right up my alley, a craft day for refugee kids!

It was held in an apartment complex where only refugee families live. I've been there a few times, and I knew lots of the kids, because they are clients of the IRC, where I am an intern. So that was fun.  There were lots of crafts; painting, clay, yarn crafts, paper crafts, and glitter, glitter, GLITTER.

Lots of PC Fellows showed up, so there were lots of helping hands. If we can judge by the mess they made, I would say the kids had fun. They made lots of cute crafts to take home.It was also a crazy, exhausting, morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment