July 14 and 15
My big adventure this summer started off in New York City. I flew from Minneapolis on July 14th, and met friends Ben Schilaty, his sister Lindsay, and our friend Dianna in Brooklyn. My parents flew in later and met us in the evening in Manhattan.
 |
| Mmmmm Pizza! |
For dinner, we found a little basement pizzeria and got some tasty slices. Then we took the subway to Times Square and ogled at everything there. Then we met my parents and went to a Broadway show!
 |
| Me, Dianna, Lindsay, and Ben |
My friends had picked up tickets for all of us to see Anastasia that night. I enjoyed the show, especially the costumes and the set. The music I found to be a little dull, but the actors had great singing voices.
 |
| Dad and I at Anastasia |
After the show, we took the subway back to our air bnb and went to bed.
 |
| Breakfast in Brooklyn with Ben |
On the 15th, Ben and I got up and went out for bagels with my dad. We ate breakfast by the East River, looking out at Manhattan. By 10:30, all six of us were up and ready to go, and we headed to Manhattan. We met a friend of Lindsay's for lunch, and got to check out her apartment a block from Central Park!
 |
| WOW. |
Afterwards, we walked through Central Park, exploring the castle, the boating pond, the fountain, and other parts.
 |
| Ben and I in our traditional bridge pose |
 |
| Central Park with the skyline of Manhattan |
Ben, Lindsay, Dianna and my dad left to go walk across the Brooklyn Bridge (which they did!), and my mom and I met up with my friend Clare, who now lives in New Jersey. We got a little snack at an Italian bistro, then walked along Madison Ave, and visited St. Patrick's Cathedral and 30 Rockefeller Center. It was so great to see her!
 |
| Me and Clare! |
In the late afternoon, we all got packed up, got an Uber, and headed to JFK for our flight Paris!
 |
| I'm a big fan of subway art. This was just one of the fun sculptures in the subway! |
 |
| Can you find the little man? |
No comments:
Post a Comment