January 10, 2021

Foster Cats of St. Cloud

When I moved to Minnesota, I started fostering cats from the Tri-county Humane Society. In my first apartment, no pets were allowed at all. In my second apartment, I could have a cat, so I got several in a row!

October 31st-Dec 3rd, 2016: Emory the Kitten

My first foster cat in St. Cloud was Emory the Kitten. He was actually about a year old, and I kind of think the foster folks gave him to me in hopes I would adopt him, because he was super cute. 






Curious kitten- he loved exploring new places.

Catnap!


This was his best hiding spot ever. He had me panicked, I couldn't find him ANYWHERE.

Jan 6th -Feb 4th, 2017: O'Brian

This guy was one of my favorites. O'Brian was a fat, old, lazy cat- perfect for me. He came to me at 17 pounds, 6 years old. He had a VERY LOUD yowl, which he used when he was put into a crate or locked out of the bedroom at night. I didn't make it through one night. Fortunately, he was an excellent cat to sleep with- he would pick a spot on the bed, down near my feet, and sleep there for 8 hours without bothering me. Most of our activities together involved laying on the bed or the couch. 

"Diet food? You must be joking." (The shelter wanted him to lose weight)

Typical weekday

Typical weekend

March 27- April 13th: Catalie Portman

Catalie is a cat who didn't make a huge impression on me. She was very pretty, and got herself into some sticky situations, but otherwise, she was a pretty regular cat. 

Pretty kitty!!

Aww.

Help! I'm stuck!

Help! I'm stuck!

Help! I'm stuck!
June 22nd- July 13th, 2017: Titon

Titon was another favorite cat, mostly because he left me alone all the time. Titon is actually my only foster cat to have his own blog post from his stay with me. You can read it here, it's his personal diary.

When he did come out of the closet (which was not often), he liked belly rubs. He also didn't mind eating O'Brian's leftover weight control food. 

"In the closet is where I spent most of my days- chillin' out, maxin', relaxin'..."

He preferred if didn't read.

So handsome

Just waiting for a belly rub.

No comments:

Post a Comment