July 7th, 2016
Our driving day was real easy today: just a 2-hour drive north to East Lansing, home of the amazing and wonderful Farvers!
 |
| Sarah, Tyler, and Laura on the playground. Too much fun. |
Since we didn't have a lot of driving ahead of us, we got to spend the morning exploring a nearby park and an avenue lined with beautiful homes. Sarah and Tyler took us on a little post-breakfast (chocolate chip pancakes!!) adventure, and it wasn't even too hot and humid yet. Ben and I gaped at the luxury homes and were quite judgy about their yards.
 |
| Wow, Ft. Wayne!! |
After a stop at Kroger so I could stock up on delicious, unattainable-in-Minnesota, Kroger-brand peanut butter cheerios, we were on our way to East Lansing.
 |
| Cheerios-y bliss! |
If you've met the Farvers, you know they are just the funnest, kindest, most enjoyable people to be around. I haven't figured out a way to become a permanent part of their family, so a visit will have to do for now. Scott and Erin are more old Peace Corps friends, who I got to see fairly often when they lived in New Mexico, but haven't seen them in their current life in Michigan.
 |
| Family photo: Scott, Erin, Brayden, Sierra, and aunt Laura |
When we got to their house, the kids gave us a tour of the house, and then we went to campus (MSU) and walked around a bit, and got ice cream. That afternoon, we watched a Germany/France soccer game, played bocce ball, and then had tacos for dinner. The Farvers had some friends over to watch the game, and we all (even the kids!) ended up playing a round of Complicated Charades of Death (fun!!) and after the kids went to bed, and the friends went home, Horse Thief (even more fun!!) And I don't want to make ya'll too jealous, but.... we ordered cookies. Warm, gooey cookies. Delivered to the house. At 10pm. I guess there's no way you wouldn't be jealous about that, sorry. Day four started off with fun at the park, and ended with fun in the dark. With cookies.
No comments:
Post a Comment