July 29, 2016

Epic Road Trip Part 1: Wisconsin!

July 5th, 2016

I left Northfield, MN in a timely manner the next morning. (If you know me at all, you know leaving on time is one of my strengths).

I parked next to two other older-model silver CR-Vs in Madison. It was kind of amazing!
I made it to Madison, Wisconsin for lunch with my old Peace Corps friend, Tim.  It was great seeing him and catching up. He has a boat, too! People out here have a lot more boats than people in Colorado or Arizona do.  Tim and I got lunch and walked around Madison for just a bit, and it's a very nice city.

As you can tell from this picture, Tim is a very important lawyer now.
On the road again, I went to Waukesha, Wisconsin (suburb of Milwaukee) to spend time with another Peace Corps friend, Erin Dowe Steinman. We caught up, and went to dinner with her husband Eric, at a really pretty and tasty lakeside restaurant, The Seven Seas.

I bet you wish you were at the Seven Seas restaurant with us. Look how pretty the view is!
A relaxing evening at their place after dinner, and day two was in the bag!


Wisconsin has some very thoughtful highway rest area restrooms.
It also has some interesting roadside attractions, such as this pink elephant.




No comments:

Post a Comment