April 24, 2006

Believe it or Not!!

Yes, believe it or not, this is a real picture of me handwashing my laundry at my house. Okay, helping to hand wash my laundry. I'm sure that if I did it all myself it would take hours and still my clothes wouldn't be very clean. Christine, our schoolgirl is helping me. We're not laughing because it's so much fun. It's not really any fun at all. We're laughing because Christine can't stop laughing at me trying to wash my own clothes. Everything I do is hilarious because it's so so wrong. And she broke into fits of giggles when she was washing the leg parts of my zip-off pants. She said "What is this!?" and tried it on like a sleeve. She couldn't breathe she was laughing so hard. I look so Peace Corps in this picture, but washing by hand sucks and as soon as I get to my site I will hire someone to do it for me. Lots of people do, we're helping the local economy! But for now I keep trying to wash things myself. With help.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:35 PM

    Hi Laura!
    I found the comments tag! Your Colorado friends are pretty slow on the uptake.
    You didn't mention what kind of soap you use for laundry but I'd guess it's pretty harsh.
    Zip off pants must seem like the most crazy thing in the world to them. She'll tell that story to her grandchildren!
    Great web site! I love the pics.
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:46 PM

    I finally found your website AKA remebered to e-mail it to myself. The pictures are awesome and I can't believe you're washing your own clothes. I'll check back later for updates.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete