April 02, 2006

Fun Stuff

Our trainers have been holding our hands as we experience new things, and we have done a lot of fun stuff. Yesterday we learned Filipino kids games and had a bbq on the beach. It was sooo good. Two guys found some jellyfish (about the size of small pancake) in the water, and my roommate anna got stung by one. But she's fine, it's a small sting. I didn't go in the water. The sister of one of our trainers came with her 2 little girls. We played a lot, and the mom invited me to their house in Iloilo if I ever want to come. The girls speak fantastic English, they go to an international school in Iloilo. I'm sure sometime I will go to their house. Relationships are extremely important here, and it couldn't hurt to have a friend in the big city who has some resources. (this family is not poor.)

Today we went to market day with our LCFs. (Language/Culture Facilitators) They helped us find out what things were, what they cost, stuff like that.

We're working on language at least 2 hours everyday. I am learning Ilonggo. It's not too hard, but I always forget what I've learned almost right away.

Still hot, but when the sun isn't out, it's tolerable.

2 comments: