September 25, 2025

Summer Adventures! August!

August held a few small adventures too!

My birthday! We went to the Lumineers concert at Mile High!

 

You can almost see the band from here!


Adam and I did a birding and biking day at Golden Gate Canyon State Park!

 



I tried my first hot dog! My first hot dog, you ask!? Well, perhaps I had one as a child, but since I've been old enough to choose my own meals, I have never chosen to eat a hot dog. They are disgusting. But this summer I had a dream that I was eating a hot dog and it was delicious! That was the whole dream, I ate a delicious hot dog. So I bought some really fancy hot dogs from Whole Foods and Adam grilled them up and we put on some fancy toppings and I ate a hot dog! I was not a fan. I could eat another one if I had to, but I still don't think I will choose to eat hot dog. 

 


And finally, to wrap up the month, Adam and I went camping near La Veta, in Southern Colorado, with our friends Dana and Henry. We also tried to climb West Spanish Peak, which is almost a 14er. Adam succeed in summiting the mountain, but it was way too hard for me. The last mile+ is vertical rock piles. The camping part was very pleasant, relaxing, and I finished a big warm camping quilt while we were there!

 

West Spanish Peak looming in the background. Bedraggled Laura in the foreground. Photo by Adam.

Adam at the top!

I mean, are you kidding me with that rock field? Adam is up there above me



 

  
My finished camping quilt - Four Seasons

Me, Adam, Henry, and Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment