September 24, 2025

Summer Adventures! Washington DC

 Washington DC: July 15-20 

Next up, Chris and Sam got married! Our family flew to DC and did a little sight-seeing before the wedding, and Adam joined us after his business trip in New York.

I did the photos backwards again, so start at the bottom : ) 

Sunda, July 20th

There was a nice wedding breakfast, then we all got packed up. Adam and I were ready first, so we took the kids to a museum nearby called Planet Word. I really enjoyed it! It was all about words! They had really interesting interactive exhibits. I would go back again. The four of us went to the airport, met up with the rest of the fam, and flew back to Denver!

 

Aurora and I singing Karaoke to Ring of Fire (Her Choice)

Two Peas in a Pod

Saturday, July 19th

We walked to a donut and breakfast place and got some amazing donuts! Adam and I walked to the Lincoln Memorial, which was insane, it was so hot and humid. We took an Uber back to the hotel and got ready for the wedding! We dressed up fancy, it was a short ceremony, and then we had a very nice dinner and party at the reception!


Brian, Adam, Sarah, Me, Paul : )

Mom and Me

Paul REALLY enjoyed helping people with the photo booth.

A moody arts shot

Sam and Chris!!

Mid-mod??

Flower girl

Ring bearer

YUM
 

Friday, July 18th

We checked out of our Airbnb and went to the hotel where the wedding would be. A bunch of us went to get pedicures. Adam arrived and we went to the National Portrait gallery, which is across the street from the hotel. Then we walked down to the National Mall and found a cute garden and just wandered about a bit. Then we went back to the hotel and got fancied up for the Wedding Welcome Dinner in the hotel bar. 

Hanging out at the Welcome Dinner


Adam and I

Looking sharp!

Just a pretty building on the Mall

Adam and I found some beautiful flowers in a fairly secret garden on the National Mall

Thursday, July 17th

Paul and I took the kids to the National Zoo. Sarah wasn't feeling well, and honestly, it was incredibly hot and humid, so no one else felt up for it. I really wanted to see the Giant Panda. We all did something we enjoyed, Aurora stood in the misters at the zoo for probably close to an hour. Orion got to see all the animals in the reptile house. And Paul got to pose in a meerkat family cutout.

That evening, we had planned to have Paul and Sarah have a date night while mom, dad, Phoebe, and I babysat the kids. We did our part, but Paul and Sarah went to the ER instead of a on a date, because Sarah had severe Strep Throat. They got home around 2am. 

Little Angels getting sleepy

We had a lovely dinner at Chez Laura Italian Restaurant. Spaghetti with red sauce, frozen pizza, and bagged salad! Yum!



We took the kids to the zoo on Thursday. Aurora loved the idea of taking a picture so it looked like I had panda ears. Did we succeed?

Wednesday, July 16th

 We went letterboxing in the neighborhood right around our Airbnb. Then we went out as tourists. We started at the US Botanic Gardens, then me and Phoebe went to the National Museum of American History. We saw the first lady's dresses and Julia Child's kitchen. Next I went and met up with Paul and Sarah and the kids at the Museum of Natural History. We saw a really interesting exhibit about cell phones! We went to family dinner at the Dubliner.


Dinner with the family at the Dubliner. Matt, Orion, Mom (Cindy), Cliff, Sam, Chris, Dad (Craig), Paul, Phoebe, Sarah, Aurora, me!


We went to the US Botanic Gardens

The kids and I found a letterbox around the corner from our Airbnb

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment